Home remedies for constipation in children
Constipation is a very common problem in children and infants. We will tell you about some home and effective remedies for dealing with it.
Some foods and herbal products at home can be given to children for constipation in children. The following herbs can be used to prevent constipation:
• A mixture of olive oil and lemon:
A mixture of olive oil and lemon can be given to children for constipation. You can mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. This mixture should be given to the child every morning on an empty stomach. This mixture promotes the passage of stool and prevents constipation.
Another method is a mixture of olive oil and orange juice, this can be mixed with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of orange juice and given to a child.
• Medicine to relieve constipation in children:
Cut 1 dried fig, 2 dried apricots, 2 prunes into small pieces and pour 1.5 cups of tea with boiling water. When the drink becomes warm, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it and give it to the child from time to time.
• Herbal teas:
Many herbal teas, especially fennel and chamomile teas, can relieve constipation in much less time.
• Fennel seeds:
Fennel is one of the natural remedies for constipation in children. After pouring 2 cups of water into the coffee maker, throw in 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds and bring to a boil. After boiling, it must be removed from the stove and insisted for 10 minutes. The mixture, which is strained and allowed to cool, should be given to children from time to time after it has cooled.
A handful of raisins should be soaked in water. After waiting 1 night, the water should be filtered, and the grapes should be given to the child.
Fruits such as pears, grapes, plums, melons, apricots, figs, dates should be given at least 2 servings per day. It can be wet or dry depending on the season. It can be given in the form of compote or juice according to the taste of the child. Compote grains should be fed. While you are preparing the juice, the pulp should remain in it.
The fiber content in the skin of apples is quite high. Therefore, care should be taken to consume them together with shells.
Pear speeds up the digestive system and relaxes the stomach. It should be eaten with the skin on, like apples.
If your baby is over 6 months old, you can run pears, peaches, and apricots through a juicer, pour the juice into a bottle, and drink it twice a day.
One to two servings of vegetables should be eaten, such as cabbage, celery, leeks, okra, artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, and zucchini. Children who refuse to eat vegetables can eat cucumbers or boiled corn.
They are good sources of fiber (dried beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas, etc.).
Mixing flaxseed powder with yogurt and drinking it twice a day is one of the most effective scientific remedies for constipation.
Vegetables such as celery can be added to lentil soup and served chopped.
Potatoes and starchy foods should be avoided whenever possible.
Other measures that can be taken against constipation in children:
• Reduce the consumption of cow's milk and give preference to goat's milk.
• Instead of white bread, eat rye, buckwheat, or whole grain bread.
• Do not eat sugary foods.
• Pilaf with bulgur should be preferred over rice and pasta pilaf.
• To regulate the intestinal flora, preference should be given to products such as homemade yogurt, kefir, yogurt soup.
• Forest fruits and fibrous vegetables should be added to the child's diet.
• You should eat dried fruits and products made from these fruits.
• Drinks such as acidic sodas, coffee, and black tea should not be given to children.
• For sedentary children, a sports area should be created and the child should be encouraged to do a lot of sports.
Other measures that can be taken against constipation in babies:
• Bathing your baby in warm water will help relax his muscles and make him feel relaxed. It will be more effective to sit in warm water for 5-10 minutes while bathing.
• Vaseline or glycerine can be applied to the child's buttocks so that he can easily defecate.
• If constipation occurs in infants older than four months, prune, apple, pear, and peach juices can be given with meals.
• Childhood exercises can also be used to relieve a constipated child.
• Another method that can be used to relax a child is massage. Defecation can be accelerated by massaging the baby's belly with a half-moon motion with your hand.
Since every child's build is different, it would be helpful to consult a doctor before trying all of these methods.