Unpleasant foot odor is a very common condition known as bromhidrosis. The disease can be caused by bacteria that settle in damp places, such as shoes and socks, and which, in combination with sweaty secretions on the feet, cause an unpleasant odor. In addition, bad breath can also be exacerbated by metabolic disorders or the use of certain foods or medications. If you want to find effective and natural solutions to this problem, home remedies can help.
1. Apple cider vinegar. A very popular home remedy for bad foot odor is apple cider vinegar, as this product helps regulate the pH levels in the skin and eliminate the bacteria that cause bad breath. You just need to mix hot water with five large tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and soak your feet for 10 minutes. At the end of the procedure, wash your feet thoroughly and make sure they are completely dry.
2. Baking soda. Another of the most effective and recognized remedies for removing bad foot odor is baking soda. You can use it in two different ways:
- Sprinkle the inside of the shoe with two small tablespoons of baking soda, which will also absorb moisture. It is advisable to do this at night.
- Make a foot soak by adding 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a bowl of warm water. Let your feet soak in for 15 or 20 minutes.
3. Sage is a plant that, in addition to having many healing properties, is great for curbing excessive sweating and fighting bacteria. Therefore, it turns out an excellent natural remedy for unpleasant foot odor. You can put a few dried sage leaves inside your shoes to absorb the smell, or leave your feet to soak in the sage infusion for 15 minutes. You will immediately notice the difference!
4. Ginger. Another very effective plant for combating bad foot odor is ginger. To use it as a home remedy, chop a medium-sized ginger root and grate it very well. Then put the zest in a pot of water, let it boil for 15 minutes and strain. Massage your feet with the resulting liquid at night before going to bed.
5. Black tea. Take advantage of the benefits that black tea provides. The best formula is to add four bags of black tea to a liter of boiling water, let it cool and place it in a container in which you can dip your feet. Let your feet soak for at least 20 minutes.